ENKON Information Systems is a leader in providing environmental and land information management systems to our clients worldwide. We offer an exciting work environment in our offices in Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. ENKON is a privately held company that has experienced steady growth since its inception in 1996.
Our head office is ideally located in Victoria, within walking distance of many restaurants, transit routes and parks.
Our current opportunities are listed below, but we are always looking for professionals who have true vision and creativity—results-oriented team players with excellent communication skills and a desire to broaden their experience in an ever-changing technical and business world. If you feel you have what it takes to be part of a winning team, we'd like to hear from you.
Current Careers Opportunities:
ENKON Information Systems Inc. specializes in creating web-enabled Environmental and Land Information Management Systems for clients around the world. We are an innovative company with offices in Victoria, B.C.
We are currently looking for a technical lead/architect with .Net framework experience to direct a programming group in our Victoria, B.C. office.
You will lead an innovative team that creates web-enabled Information Management Systems for environmental and land management. As the technical lead /architect, you will take on the challenging position of enhancing our Viridian and Integral software suites and directing a team of specialized web programmers. You will have excellent communication and management skills. This position will require travel from time to time.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equiv and 10 yrs experience. Also managing other programmers in a team environment.
- Expert in C#, ASP.NET and web services in the .NET framework.
- Expert knowledge of database concepts, structures, and data flow processes.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of programming languages, including programming for the Internet (i.e., HTML, JAVA, ASP, COM+, VB, C/C++, DHTML, jQuery, XML/XSL).
- Extensive experience in Internet multi-tier (N Tier Application Development) architecture concepts and development model.
- Knowledge of GIS technologies and mapping techniques will be considered an asset.
Your remuneration will be commensurate on your experience and will include a benefits package.
Intermediate .NET Programmer with GIS experience:
We are currently looking for a .NET web programmer with GIS programming experience for our Victoria office.
Your key role will be programming in ASP.NET, GIS scripting, creation of web services, and managing an ESRI ArcGIS Server environment. Other tasks will include web application development in the .NET environment, integration of third-party utilities and production of detailed written technical specifications and summaries.
Candidates without demonstrated .NET and GIS experience will not be considered. You will be proficient working in Visual Studio .NET, with an emphasis on ASP.NET and C#. Solid SQL skills and GIS experience with ArcGIS Server, ArcMap and ArcCatalog is an asset.
You will be highly motivated, a team player, have good writing skills, and enjoy seeing tasks through to completion.
Intermediate .NET Programmer:
We are currently looking for a .NET web programmer for our Victoria office.
Your key role will be programming in ASP.NET, GIS scripting and creation of web services. Other tasks will include web application development in the .NET environment integration of third-party utilities and production of detailed written technical specifications and summaries.
You will be highly motivated, a team player, enjoy seeing tasks through to completion and expanding your skills in leading edge technologies. Your Skills inventory includes:
- 3 to 5 years experience with ASP.NET and WebForms using C# (preferred) or VB.NET on the .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET and WebForms including user controls, master pages, data binding and the ASP.NET page lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of version control concepts – Team Foundation Server.
- Strong understanding of how the HTTP protocol works.
- Strong understanding of how to administrate IIS web server version 7 and higher.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Express
- Experience writing SQL, stored procedures and designing databases.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio 2010 or higher.
- Familiar with VBScript and Classic ASP.
- Familiar with PHP5.
- Familiar with HTML 4/5 and CSS 2.1/3.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for a current or future opportunity, submit your resume and a cover letter to the address or e-mail address below. Please indicate the position (if known) that you are applying for. Note that all applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
or click here
The ENKON Group
Suite 200 - 3351 Douglas Street
Victoria British Columbia V8Z 3L4
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2010 by ENKON Information Systems Inc.